Drug updated on 10/23/2023
|Capsule (oral: 75mg, 110 mg, 150 mg)
|Direct thrombin inhibitor
| Ongoing and
- To reduce the risk of stroke and systemic embolism in adult patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.
- For the treatment of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE) in adult patients who have been treated with a parenteral anticoagulant for 5-10 days.
- To reduce the risk of recurrence of DVT and PE in adult patients who have been previously treated
- For the prophylaxis of DVT and PE in adult patients who have undergone hip replacement surgery.
- For the treatment of venous thromboembolic events (VTE) in pediatric patients 8 to less than 18 years of age who have been treated with a parenteral anticoagulant for at least 5 days.
- To reduce the risk of recurrence of VTE in pediatric patients 8 to less than 18 years of age who have been previously treated.
Product Monograph / Prescribing Information
|Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate) Prescribing Information.
|Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Ridgefield, CT
Systematic Reviews / Meta-Analyses
|A systematic review and meta-analysis of dabigatran peak and trough concentration in adults.
|British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
|Safety of dabigatran as an anticoagulant: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
|Frontiers in Pharmacology
|Effectiveness and safety of dabigatran compared to vitamin K antagonists in non-asian patients with atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
|Clinical Drug Investigation